Get to know the library management team and their core responsibilities in ensuring smooth library operations, efficient support, and services to our users.
Our management team is also supported by a group of trained library assistants who are our own APU students. Learn more about joining our team as a library assistant here.
- Managing and overseeing the overall library operation.
- Liaison Librarian for School of Computing, School of Technology and School of Engineering.
- Attending to users’ feedback about library facilities and services.
- Acquisition Librarian for selected Pre-U, Undergraduate (Computing, Technology, Games Development and Engineering) and Post-graduate programs ensuring respective programs’ reference list is updated and resources are purchased accordingly.
- Coordinating library visits and preparing library related documentations for Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and Engineering Accreditation Council Malaysia (EAC).
- Participating in selected Program Committee Meetings (PCM) representing the library.
- Processing the final purchases or renewal of the library’s e-resources.
- Managing and overseeing the overall acquisition process of e-resources & learning support tools by engaging with local and international library vendors and publishers.
- Liaison Librarian for School of Foundation, School of General Studies, Graduate School of Business and Graduate School of Technology.
- Liaising between publishers and academic team to organize webinars or training sessions related to research and publishing.
- Creating user awareness by actively marketing our library’s e-resources through various mediums including library orientations and Program Committee Meetings (PCM).
- Participating actively as a member in Research Management Committee (RMC), APU Press (Publishing) and Internal Audit.
- Coordinating and compiling the Library Resources list (online and physical resources) for external stakeholders like MQA, MyRA, SETARA and QS on request.
- Curating and disseminating important news related to the higher education industry to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Assisting staff and students with enquiries covering all facets of library membership, collection, services, and facilities.
- Liaison Librarian for School of Business, School of Psychology, School of Marketing & Management and School of Accounting and Finance.
- Acquisition Librarian for all undergraduate programs of School of Business, School of Accounting & Finance, School of Media & Marketing, School of Mathematics & Qualitative Studies, School of Media, Arts & Design ensuring respective programs’ reference list is updated and resources are purchased accordingly.
- Managing Turnitin administrative duties, responding to paper deletion requests and other related enquiries.
- Ensuring hard bound final year projects / theses are received timely from Academic Administration unit and catalogue them in the library system.
- Content management for APres (University Repository) to ensure the users have access to the latest final year projects and theses.
- Content management for library website to ensure the currency & relevancy of information.
- Managing Library’s circulation counter transactions and resources (self-service kiosks, staff, computers, internet connection etc.) are well equipped and functional to ensure there is no service interruptions to users.
- Liaison Librarian for School of Media, Arts and Design and School of Mathematics, Actuarial and Quantitative Studies.
- Coordinating the annual Library Assistant recruitment drive, training and managing the Library Assistant team.
- Updating library related announcements in Library Website & managing content in Library Space in APU Knowledge Base.
- Processing Exit Applications received from students who are graduating by ensuring there are no outstanding fines or loans in their library account.
- Providing readers’ advisory services by understanding and interpreting user needs for information, assignment help etc. using the internal library resources or external mediums.
- Liaising with internal IT team and external vendors in maintaining and managing KOHA, library management system.
- Co-assist in conducting Library Workshops and Library Orientations.
- Processing new library resources (print & e-resources) by cataloguing them in library system and to ensure that they are discoverable in OPAC (Library Catalogue).
- Liaison Librarian for School of Foundation and School of Engineering.
- Liaising with discovery services vendor, OCLC to ensure the indexing of library resources are prompt and discoverable in WorldCat Discovery.
- Conducting library workshops related to Information Searching Skills & Referencing Skills upon requests from students/staff.
- Assisting library user requests for articles and e-books.
- Preparing quarterly library collection statistics for internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing and supervision of the annual inventory exercise.
- Updating APres (University Repository) with the latest final year projects and theses.