Lost and Found Services
- The library does not assume responsibility for any of your personal items brought into the library. You are solely responsible for your valuables and belongings. It is best not to leave your personal belongings unattended.
- Library will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the safety of found items until it is claimed or surrendered to the University’s Main Reception located at Level 3.
- Items found in the library are recorded in the Lost & Found form; and kept in a locked cabinet marked “Lost & Found”.
||The respective person on ID will be contacted via email / phone call. The ID card will be held for 14 days and if it is not claimed, it will be sent to the Main Reception located at Level 3. You can call 03 – 8996 1000 to check if your lost items are held with them.|
||If there are sufficient identity details available along with the items found, the library will attempt to contact the owner. If the owner is not contactable, items will be held until the end of each day and then sent to the Main Reception located at Level 3.|
||If there are sufficient identity details available along with the items found, library will attempt to contact the owner. If the owner is not contactable, items will be held until the end of each day and then sent to the Technology Labs located at level 6. You can call 03 – 8992 5050 to check if your lost items are held with them.|
||Items will be held in the Lost and Found cabinet in the library for a maximum duration of 1 month from the date it was found.
Once the duration matures, unclaimed items will be deemed as library’s property. Library staff will then decide on one of the following methods of disposal. Item(s) will be either donated or discarded at the end of each quarter.
||Items will be disposed immediately.|
- You must provide descriptive explanation satisfactorily to the Librarian on duty when you come to claim a lost item.
- Library staff may ask you for a valid form of photo identification for verification purposes before handing over the item. You will need to sign and indicate the date of collection in the Lost & Found form as a proof that the item has been collected.
- If you are a victim of theft, please contact one of the phone numbers below to report:
- Library counter (03-8992 5207)
- Reference Desk (03-8992 5209)
- Technology Labs (03-8996 5050) for CCTV checking.